Tales of the Black Widowers Pdf is a collection of short stories by Isaac Asimov about a group of men who meet once a month for dinner and discuss solved and unsolved mysteries. The stories were first published in Ellery Queen’s Mystery Magazine and collected into a book in 1966.
Asimov was known for his scientific fiction, but he also wrote mysteries. The Black Widowers stories are some of his best work in the genre. Many of the tales are solved using deductive reasoning, much like the methods used by Sherlock Holmes. However, there are also elements of humor and human drama present in the stories.
Whether you are a fan of Asimov’s writing or simply enjoy a good mystery, the Tales of the Black Widowers is sure to please.
The Black Widowers is a group of six friends who meet once a month for dinner and to solve mysteries. They are all widowers, hence the name, and have been meeting for over thirty years.
This month’s mystery is brought to them by guest, Mr. Jackson. He tells the story of his wife’s death, which he believes was no accident. The police ruled it an accident, but Mr. Jackson is convinced she was murdered.
The Black Widowers take on the case and soon discover that there is more to Mrs. Jackson’s death than meets the eye. They must use their wit and detective skills to uncover the truth and bring justice to Mrs. Jackson.
* The Acquisitive Chuckle
* Ph as in Phony
* Truth to Tell
* Go, Little Book!
* Early Sunday Morning
* The Obvious Factor
* The Pointing Finger
* Miss What?
* The Lullaby of Broadway
* Yankee Doodle Went to Town
* The Curious Omission
* Out of Sight
1. For years, the Black Widowers have been living in the shadows, quietly going about their business of killing monsters and saving lives. But now, their stories are finally being told.
2. These unlikely heroes are a group of former mercenaries who have banded together to help those in need. They’re skilled in combat, and they’re not afraid to get their hands dirty.
3. The Black Widowers are a force to be reckoned with, and they’re quickly gaining a reputation as the go-to team for dealing with the supernatural. Whether it’s vampires, werewolves, or demons, the Black Widowers will make sure that justice is served.
4. So if you’re ever in need of some help from these monstrous hunters, don’t hesitate to give them a call. Just be prepared for some tales of bloodshed and horror.
About The Author
Isaac Asimov (/ˈaɪzᵻk ˈæzᵻmɒv/; born Isaak Yudovich Ozimov; circa January 2, 1920 – April 6, 1992) was an American author and professor of biochemistry at Boston University, best known for his works of science fiction and for his popular science books. Asimov was prolific and wrote or edited more than 500 books and an estimated 90,000 letters and postcards. His books have been published in 9 of the 10 major categories of the Dewey Decimal Classification.
Publisher : Fawcett; 1st edition (June 12, 1976)
Language : English
ISBN-10 : 0449229440
ISBN-13 : 978-0449229446
Item Weight : 5.1 ounces
Best Sellers Rank: #1,618,362 in Book
In conclusion, the Black Widowers are a group of friends who regularly gather to share stories and solve mysteries. They are a diverse group of men with different backgrounds and skills, but they all share a love of puzzles and detective work. If you’re looking for a new mystery series to read, or if you’re just looking for a group of like-minded friends to solve puzzles with, the Black Widowers is the perfect choice.